laser & IPL services
Before & After
ZENwellbeing are now offering the technology of IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and Laser for the treatment of:
- Permanent Hair Removal... (Read more)
- Red Veins and Rosacea... (Read more)
- Sun Damage (age spots and sun spots)... (Read more)
- Skin Rejuvenation... (Read more)
- Leg Thread Veins
- Acne Treatment... (Read more)
We have chosen a medical grade laser used in the NHS that has over 15 years of proven results and are very happy to be offering this service to you.
The Lynton Lumina machine has an excellent proven track record providing a comprehensive clinical facility for hair removal, vascular treatments (red vein), pigmentation (age spots), acne & skin rejuvenation (anti-ageing).
At ZENwellbeing, in addition to IPL, we also use the Nd:YAG Laser so that we can treat all skin types.
A patch test is required at least 48hrs before any laser treatment. A free consultation is available to discuss this further where a medical history is taken to confirm suitability for treatment. A small patch test is then given where a fee of £25 will be charged & redeemable against your laser course choice.
- The area to be treated should be free from fake-tan, make-up, perfume, deodorant and body or face creams.
- Avoid waxing or plucking for one month prior to hair removal treatments. Hair should be shaved prior to treatment and be no longer than 1mm in length.
- There should be no active or fake tan in the area to be treated. Use of sunbeds or prolonged exposure to sunlight is not permitted the month prior to treatment and an SPF 30 must be used on the area between treatments. Suntans must be left to fade completely before treatment can start. Fake tans must also be fully faded before treatment can commence.
- We reserve the right to charge for any appointment booked but abandoned due to active sun-tan or fake tan.
- Avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications (such as Ibuprofen) and alcohol for 24 hours before treatment for vascular lesions.
- A medical history is taken at consultation, but we rely on you to inform us of any changes to this. We need to know of any medication you are taking including those bought from a chemist or herbalist.
- Typically, normal activities can proceed following treatment. It is best to avoid any activity that will cause excessive heat e.g. saunas, excessive exercise, massage to the area. Cool packs may be applied if the treated area feels hot.
- Make-up should be avoided, unless it is a natural mineral make-up. Remove make up carefully as rubbing the skin can cause irritation or infection.
- Following treatment the area may appear red and raised and you may experience a tingling sensation. This is completely normal and should settle over the next few days.
- Wash and bathe as normal but take tepid showers rather than hot baths. The skin should be patted dry and not rubbed. Use an aloe vera moisturiser or aftersun cream to keep the area moisturised and the skin protected.
- Occasionally you may experience swelling or bruising and this can last anything from 1-2 days up to 1-2 weeks. If you experience swelling, it is usually worse one to two days following treatment. If it follows a treatment to a facial area, sleeping with your head raised on pillows will minimise its appearance. Cool packs will also help to reduce the swelling.
- Use a sunscreen (SPF 30+) and protect the area from sunlight as much as possible between treatments and for at least one month after treatment ends.
- If blistering or other adverse reaction occurs contact the salon immediately on 01628 560430 for further advice. Keep the area clean and dry. Do not deliberately burst small blisters (large blisters may require medical attention). Do not use any other lotions or creams on open skin as this may increase the risk of infection.
Patch test – what is this?
A patch test is a small trial in the treatment area which allows the therapist to assess how well the light energy is being absorbed and whether the skin is responding as would be expected.
Please take note of any changes to the skin following the patch test so that you can report back to us before proceeding with treatment
- 10% off a course of 3 treatments
- Buy 5 treatments and get the 6th FREE!
- 10% discount on packages ot two areas to be treated for hair removal and 20% discount on 3 or more areas
- All courses are based on one area. e.g. 6 x Underarm. All courses are valid for a 12 month period only from the date of purchase and are not transferable for cash. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or discounts.
- These prices are a guide, full pricing will be giving on your consultation.
Call to book your consultation today!