Massage & Aromatherapy
Deeply soothing Swedish style massage to reduce muscle tension and knots, promote relaxation and relieve stress using a special blend of Aromatherapy oils.
Various massage techniques in combination with the beneficial properties of essential oils make Aromatherapy Massage ideal for:
- pain relief
- relaxation of tired and stressed muscles
- improvement of blood and lymph circulation
- control of blood pressure,
- relief of painful menstruation
- toxin removal
- cellulite prevention and/or removal and improvement of skin texture
- relief of intestinal and digestive problems
- strengthening the immune system
- stress and anxiety control
- strengthening the nervous system
- combating negative feelings
- general physical and mental revitalization
Hot Stone Massage
Promotes a sense of relaxation and calm using heated stones which are placed along the meridian points on the body. They can assist in removing energy blockages that lead to the development of disease, illness and cancers. Deep tissue movements or other forms of massage using the stones and the therapist’s hands create a powerful detoxifying and invigorating treatment.
The benefits of hot stone massage include both medicinal and subtle energy benefits. They can be placed to treat organs or muscular tissue or placed for chakra balancing.
Some of the medicinal benefits of hot stone massage include:
- Lymphatic drainage and cleansing
- Decongestion of the liver by relaxing ducts
- Relaxes colon for better elimination
- Detoxifies blood with sweating much the same as a sauna
- Helps with hydrating and flushing cells
- Improves circulation
- Relaxes muscles, soothes aches
- Increases range of motion in joint movement
- Relieves stress
Hot stone massage can:
- boost your circulation
- release stored tension
- recharge your energy levels
- relax you
Hot stone massage is said to have health benefits for people with:
- muscular pain
- poor circulation
- rheumatic and arthritic conditions
- back pain
Always tell your therapist about any medical conditions you have. They will take your medical history into account when choosing the right stones and techniques for your body. For similar reasons, tell your therapist if you are, or think you might be, pregnant.
Don't be afraid to tell your therapist if the stones are too warm for you. You'll relax much more quickly and start enjoying that delicious feeling of total well-being if you're comfortable. As with all spa therapies, never underestimate the feel-good factor. Hot stone massage will help you feel nurtured, pampered and special.
Hot stone massage should trigger a deeply relaxed, blissed-out and meditative state. Enjoy the afterglow -- float slowly back to the real world and re-hydrate your body by sipping plenty of water.
What is Sports Massage?
The manipulation of soft tissue to release tension, reduce pain, restore range of movement and promote good condition. This is achieved through a range of techniques to move and stretch muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissue around in a range of ways to achieve the desired effect.
Who is it for?
For anyone whether you are a trained athlete or sedentary desk worker, it is a more focused therapy than Aromatherapy and Hot stone, less relaxing and aims to correct and fix pain and postural issues.
Key Points of Sports Massage
- Warming up muscles and stretching out the connective tissue
- Focusing on ligaments and tendons, releasing the fascia that covers the muscular system which when out of alignment can cause pain and injury
- Separate muscle fibres
- Reduce risk of injury
- Improve muscular performance
- Improve recovery from training
- Help with lymphatic draining: eliminate lactic acid which builds up after heavy training causing aches and cramps
- Increase range of motion
Benefits of Postural Correction
- Optimal breathing – by maintaining a correct posture you will benefit from increased oxygen flow and energy
- Stronger core and back muscles
- Be pain free!
- Improved flexibility and joint range of motion
- Relief from workplace injuries caused by deskbound or physical jobs or long driving hours
- Optimal spinal and pelvic alignments
Your treatment will be tailored to you, identifying tight and weak muscles, joint stiffness, or hyper mobility and the appropriate treatment given. Exercises will be recommended to strengthen any weak muscles and stretch shortened or tight muscles and postural advice given considering your occupation and other activities. If you feel you would benefit from Personal Training we can match you up with a trainer who you would feel comfortable with.
Call our friendly staff to make an appointment on 01628 560430
Aromatherapy Massage. Relaxing or Deep Tissue - all massages are tailored to your specific needs.
|Extended Full Body||75||£65||£68|
|Back, Neck & Shoulder||25||£30||£32|
|Extended Back, Neck & Shoulder||45||£42||£45|
|Hot Stone Back Massage||25||£32||£35|
|Hot Stone Full Body Massage||60||£60||£65|
|Extended Hot Stone Massage||75||£70||£75|
|Indian Head Massage||25||£30||£32|
|Courses Available||10% off for courses of 3||15% off courses of 6|
REMEDIAL AND SOFT TISSUE THERAPY
|Sports Massage/Soft Tissue Remedial||45||£45||£46|
|Sports Massage/Soft Tissue Remedial||60||£55||£56|